Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mommy Sites

I added a button on the left side called Mommy Sites. This is a place for some great websites, blogs, or information pertinent to mommies. If you have one to add leave a comment and I will add it (sorry you can't add it yourself).

Let me introduce the ones I added. Make and Takes is a great site for recipes to make with kids, cute craft ideas, and fun games to play and/or make with your kiddos. It is definitely a must read for those of you who need fresh ideas for the winter blues. Ok sidenote...I leave for my cruise and it is summer, I come back and it is winter. Hello...fall? Where are you???

Second, I added Money Saving Mom. You know I had to add my favorite frugal site. I talked about this site last year when I gave the Grocery Shopping workshop. I check this at least 5 times a day...no seriously I do. They have deals and steals and how to live on less...LOVE IT!

Thirdly, Parent Hacks. This is a fun site where people write in about tips and tricks that work well for parenting and other fun topics. Some of them are silly but others of them really help. They also feature some great amazon.com deals.

Lastly, if you are not a subscriber to Family Fun Magazine you gotta put it on your Christmas list. It is an amazing magazine filled with fantastic ideas, vacation tips, crafts, recipes, etc. all catered around your wee ones. You can get a one year subscription for $10 (10 issues) or an electronic version for $6. This just in...after some searching I found it for $3.56 for 10 issues. That is $.35 an issue people. Can you say CHRISTMAS GIFTS!!! Use code 10PERCENT at checkout to get it for $3.56!

If you buy the paper subscription you also get the electronic version which allows you to save articles you liked to your preferences. I got it for free this year (who knows h0w I get all these free magazines??) but I would TOTALLY PAY FOR IT, which you know says a lot :-)

Any sites you frequent daily that you gotta share??

2 comments:

Carmel said...

Thanks for posting the links and letting us know about the magazine. I love magazines and I would totally pay that for 10 issues. Awesome!

Carmel said...

OH, and you gotta love Indiana weather. I hate that it's like fall (or spring) for 2 days and then boom. : ( *&(^%$#)@#!