6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
I used 3 bone-in breasts (got them on sale)... so I actually browned them in the skillet like it says and then covered & baked them at 350 for 50 min
1 Tbsp salt-free herb seasoning blend (Mrs. Dash)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2/3 c chopped green onions
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 c cranberry juice
4 1/2 tsp maple syrup (I am too cheap to buy the real thing- I used Mrs. Butterworth)
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 c chopped pecans, toasted
Rub chicken with seasoning blend. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 T oil over med heat for 4-5 min on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil. Stir in the cranberries, broth, cranberry juice, syrup & vinegar; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook & stir for 2 min. Return chicken to the pan; cook for 1 min or until heated thru. Sprinkle with pecans.
I know that this recipe is kind of "Thanksgiving-y"... but what can I say, I'm in the mood for that right now and it was awesome! Ed's eyes lit up when he tasted it! : ) I wasn't sure what to serve it with (I need some coaching on that even after 9 years of marriage), but we served it over rice with the sauce. It was pretty good, though if you do that I would suggest doubling the sauce recipe.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment