
Well, we had this junk dresser (it was used when we got it when I was 12) and it's been scratched, dinged, etc... and in general wasn't the prettiest thing you've ever seen. Rather than junk it I asked my hubby to try something. It was a six drawer dresser.... we knocked out part of the front, ditched the drawers and he cut out their tracks and then he cut two pieces of wood... one to fill the bottom and then we put in a shelf where the second row of drawers would've gone. Got the baskets from Joann's for 50% off. : )
I am very pleased. My front door is to the left in the pic and to the right are the stairs.
Not bad for his first refab huh? I mean, it was my idea and my drawings that inspired us, but he did do all of the work. Normally I would've painted, but since we used spray paint (which I love b/c it goes on so nicely and there are no brushes to clean... however can get pricey- I'm not sure how much he went through for this), so anyway, since I'm preggers, didn't think spray paint would be such a great idea. He had to do a lot in the garage b/c it was so breezy.
I didn't think it'd be a big deal, but now I think I will have to paint the inside once spring gets here (the brown behind the baskets).
7 comments:
Oh my gosh Carmel it is gorgeous! Kudos to the hubby. I love the little scroll brackets you used to hang the shelf. BEAUTIFUL!!!
Fabulous!! It looks great!!
It looks great!!
OOOOOO la la... We have 2 dressers we were gonna ditch. I am gonna show this to the hubs. You did an excetional job my pet!
I meant excepttional...or exceptional or receptical or something...could I buy a vowel please...whatever...don't post at 5:30 in the AM...you sound like a drunk! THE POINT~ you have talent my love!
GORGEOUS!!! I just love it!
That's really pretty Carmel! I like it a lot, you guys did a really good job on it!!!
Post a Comment