AND I HOPE IT WHET YOUR APPETITE FOR SIGNATURE DISH NIGHT ON NOVEMBER 15th!!
Becky and Brenda are awesome. In my group we were talking about Fondue. So I thought I would post my recipes for a three-course fondue meal. I mean really what is better than sitting around all night and eating with good friends?
Cheddar Cheese Fondue
1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Emmenthaler cheese
1/3 cup beer
1 clove garlic
dash Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard powder
dash cayenne pepper
1. Get the beer very hot (enough to melt the cheese) and then add the cheese, swtirring to achieve the desired consistency.
2. Add other ingredients and mix.
3. You don't have to keep this hot because it gets eaten so fast, just make sure you serve it right from the stove.
4. Dipping Ideas: bread, celery, apples, carrots
Coq Au Vin
5 1/4 cups vegetable stock
3/4 cup Burgundy Wine
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
3 green onions
1. Add all ingredients to a stock pot and boil.
2. In order to cook the meat in this you need to keep it at a consistent boil, either use an electric skillet or an ellectric fondue pot.
3. Dipping ideas: salmon, chicken, beef, broccoli, potatoes, cauliflower
4. Cooking time: poultry = 2 minutes, pork = 1 minute, beef = 1 minute, fish = 1 minute, seafood = 1-3 minutes, veggies = 5+ minutes
Flaming Turtle Fondue
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup milk chocolate bar
1/4 cup caramel topping
2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons rum, 151-proof for flambé
1. Soften milk chocolate in the microwave.
2. Heat milk in the over medium heat. Once it's hot, add softened chocolate.
3. Stir until you have a smooth consistency. Remove from heat and stir in caramel.
4. When it's time to serve, pour rum over the top of the chocolate and ignite with a lighter. Add the pecans and allow the flame to burn out.
1 comment:
These sound great too... I don't know about the flambe though... see, I'm a little clutzy and I'm not sure that mixes well with fire!
Post a Comment