I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY WE HAD TO CANCEL MTO! I felt totally horrible. And to whoever came to church this morning, forgive me. I hope you still love me.
Ok so here's the 411 on me...
Last Wednesday (the 12th) I had an regular OB appointment. During the normal "pee-in-a-cup" process they said they saw some blood in my urine. No big deal, I probably had a urinary tract infection (UTI). Well they never called me so I figured all the tests came back normal. Well about three nights ago I was having some major lower back pain in the left side. I had taken some Tylenol, took a bath, made my husband rub my back, etc., and nothing was helping. I had painted that day and figured I just overdid it. Eventually I fell asleep and woke up the next morning with a dull ache but was able to keep going. So Wednesday was pretty uneventful but I was super tired ALL week and had napped everyday (totally unlike me even in pregnancy). But then I chocked it up to the 3rd trimester hump.
Yesterday by 4:00 PM the lower back pain was intense. Tim came home at 7 and I was miserable. I went to bed, took two baths, iced it, heated it and cried, begging the Lord to take me home. SERIOUSLY I WAS THAT MISERABLE. Well it hit me that maybe I did have a UTI which turned into a kidney infection and maybe the OB forgot to call me or something. So I decided to go to the hospital because there was no way I was going to make it through the night. Did I mention I took 6, 500mg Tylenol in 6 hours? Yah I got a tongue-lashing for that one. I have never OD'ed on drugs before in my life but I was so desperate to relieve a little pain. Unfortunately, Tylenol didn't touch it.
We went to Community South last night around 8:30ish. They hooked me up to the baby monitors. Kayla was as happy as a clam, moving around and her heart beating just fine and I wasn't have any pre-term labor or contractions. So after a grueling hour they gave me some morphine and phenergan (anti-nausea medicine). The morphine made me feel all sleepy and relaxed but the pain was still there. So the UTI and kidney infection tests came back all normal. So they think I have a kidney stone. So they sent me home with Vicodin and a pee strainer. I was super discouraged leaving the hospital last night because A) I was in the same amount of pain as when I got there B) because they didn't take an ultrasound of my kidney to make 100% certain it was a kidney stone C) They said if it isn't a stone then it is the baby's positioning, which I don't believe for one minute.
So I went home at the point hoping it was a stone, I know that is sick to hope for. But at least it would be less than a week of pain.
So around 2:00AM we were home and I took 2 of the Vicodin and a few crackers because I was already feeling queasy. 2:45 barfed and peed all over my bathroom floor (because everything is all loosey goosey down there preparing for Kayla's arrival). Sorry if that is too much information for ya'll. I gotta find comicrelief somewhere. I got in the bath again and fell asleep in the tub. I was so exhausted by this point. So I got out of the bath and passed out (in a good way) and didn't wake up until 9:15 and then slept until 10:45.
So here I am, on the couch trying to rest and forget about the fact that I want to be doing 1,000 other things and waiting for my next time to strain my pee...this is the life!
I really am doing okay. Rachel Odgers has Isaac for the day. Tim will come and put him to bed and then we have childcare tonight as well. Thanks for all your prayers and concern. I will keep you posted.
4 comments:
Beckie!! We will keep praying for you and for Kayla. I hope you start to have some relief from all the pain. If you need anything....babysitter, food, errands ran, etc please let me know.
Sorry... that stinks. : ( Hopefully you can pass it and it'll be over. I can't believe the doc office never called you back even with negative results.
Praying for you and your family!
Beckie. I hope you feel better soon. I will keep you and Kayla in my prayers.
Poor thing!!! I feel your pain girlfriend... I had kidney stones with Ben towards the end of my pregnancy I went to St.Francis and they kept me in the hospital for a couple of days with a morphine drip. Ben was just fine....just to encourage you in case you are worried about Kayla. I will be praying for you and Kayla, and that the pain will end very soon. Girl, after the pain you've experienced with kidney stones, labor is nothing right?! Call if you need ANYTHING.
Post a Comment