Okey, Dokey.... Had my second u/s Mon and I think it went pretty well. Of course we went through all of the good, bad and ugly possibilities, but I think (and am praying of course) that we are going to be alright. There is a small amt of fluid in the L kidney and mild to mod fluid in the R. The assumption (b/c you can only see so much with u/s and it's only a picture) is that the valve (or one of them, I'm not sure how many there are) in the urinary tract is allowing fluid to back up from the bladder, back into the kidneys. This could be just a maturity issue (I am only 22 weeks today) or a problem.... not sure yet. They will repeat the u/s in 3 weeks (Feb 23) and see if there are any changes. 1 in 100 babies has this in utero, 1 in 500 get worse, and only 20% that get worse have to have something done (i.e. surgery on the valve to fix the problem, no biggie though as this will prevent multiple uti's and kidney damage). So our odds are with us. : ) Oh... and in my hubby's searching for hydronephrosis (this particular condition's name) he discovered that this is 4 times more likely for boys in utero than girls. ; ) I have been leaning toward boy this whole time, of course there is always still the possibility that God will surprise us! He likes to do things like that when I think I have it all figured out. ; )
Thanks to all who have been praying for me! Nothing like knowing the power of prayer is behind you! (Actually... preceeding you!)
My apologies to Amy Gee.... she tried to meet me at Denny's, but our road was just too much for me to make the trip all the way there (on a good day takes me 15 minutes, but the snow on our road even to 31 was terrible!) Not to mention that when she called me she said that the line was out the door.... no thanks, with a 5 and 2 yr old in tow... I don't think so! Thanks Amy for being so gracious! : ) Hope you enjoyed your eye dr appt and had a little fun on your own!
2 comments:
I think that is considered kindney reflux??? my 1st son had it when he was a baby. He was diagnosed with it at about 1 yr old when he ran 105 fever and found out he had a uti, which I guess is more uncommon in boys and usually raises the red flag to kidney reflux. After further testing it was determined thats what he had. We were told he could grow out of it and we were given a choice of keeping him on antibiotics for a year to see if he would grow out of it or go ahead and have corrective surgery. We tried the antibiotics for a year but in the end he still had the reflux so we went ahead and did the surgery. He breezed thru the surgery!! They told us he would probably be in the hospital about a week and he was out the next day and has had no further problems. It was scary at the time, but he came thru it with flying colors. Anyways, if that is what your baby has then I know what you are going thru. I will pray for you and your baby :) I know it is scary but I am sure everything will be just fine!! If it is the reflux and you have any questions then feel free to ask :)
Thanks Tegon!
Post a Comment