Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Old are These Leftovers


I wanted to share my solution to the leftover guessing game. I use a piece of masking tape and a permanent marker to date the containers of food in the refrigerator. I write directly on zip lock bags with the marker. I find that masking tape comes off very easily and leaves no residue, even after being ran through the dishwasher (oops). Hope this is a helpful tip.

2 comments:

Carmel said...

That's funny Lisa. I actually do the same thing. : ) I'm actually kind of fanatical about it. : ) It drives me crazy if I forgot b/c I can't ever remember just how old something is. I too have found that it doesn't leave any residue (even if it's gone thru the dishwasher... I've done that a lot too.)

Shelley Fuge said...

My mother-in-law does this. I think it's a good idea.