Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Welcome Katelyn Fuge!!

Yes, my water broke Sunday afternoon (4 1/2 weeks early!). But by God's grace I delivered a healthy baby girl at 7:45pm that evening. She weighed 6 lbs, 3oz., 171/2 in. I had planned to get an epidural. I spoke to several of my MTO friends about going natural, but in the end, decided to get the epidural. BUT GOD HAD OTHER PLANS. I progressed so rapidly there was no time for an epidural and I gave birth with no drugs. I did it ladies and I am so proud of myself!! It was painful, but in the end, I was so much happier. I think I could do it again!! :-) :-) :-)


Welcome Katelyn Renee!! Thank you for your prayers!!

12 comments:

Lisa B said...

She is so cute and you look amazing...look at untouched makeup!! Congrats and I can't wait to meet her.

techcat said...

Just checked out your facebook pictures and she is so cute. What a little stinker coming early like that, but I guess she was ready to meet you face to face.
Glad you are both doing well

Carmel said...

Congratulations, Shelley! Wow.... bet you weren't expecting that!!??!!

Glad you are both doing well, and I'm sure Caleb is awaiting your return. : )

Shelley Fuge said...

I didn't have time for my makeup to get messed up. It happened that fast!! :-) But thanks!

Bobbi said...

WOW...so glad to hear she is hear and ya'll are safe and happy! Praise God!

Leslie said...

Shelley, I will get with you about meals if you would like them, how often, any dislikes or allergies, etc. Talk to you soon.

Shelley Fuge said...

Leslie, you are so kind. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without MTO. It has been a Godsend to me this year. Emmanuel is not even my church home and yet you ladies have embraced me and my son (and now daughter!). Truly a testimony to the fellowship and love of God's people. E-mail me is you like with questions regarding meals. sjfuge@hotmail.com

Cathy said...

So glad everything went well and so quick! Thank you so much for calling me to let me know you were in labor. What a blessing that was to me, for you to share that with me and to get the opportunity to pray with you before you delivered.
Glad you and the baby are doing well! Congratulations!!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Look at that little peanut. She is BEEEEEEautiful. Congratulations momma.

tegonm said...

Congratulations!!! She looks so sweet and pretty and you look wonderful! Glad you are both doing so well :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Shelley!!! I am so glad everything went well!!

Jennifer Hestand said...

You both look gorgeous! Congrats!!