Hi, all! Hope you have been enjoying this nice weather (except for the rain this morning) that we've been having lately... Praise the Lord! : )
I have found myself on a team with an older lady from our church in charge of planning the Mother/Daughter event for this year. We have minimal ideas... and to tell you the truth, I have never attended one of these events at our church. We are usually in South Bend at my in-laws. (Not sure how that happened, but seems like we are there every year.) Anywho... wondered if any of you have been to one that you truly enjoyed that you would like to share an idea. She seems to be most concerned about the speaker.... not sure how to help with that, since I've never planned anything like this I don't exactly have a network to choose from.
Anyway, any ideas, themes, favor ideas (Come on Beckie... : ) ), speakers... etc would greatly help me out. Thanks a ton.
Hoping to be at our next meeting! (I only have 11 weeks left, can you believe that? I've started my 2 week dr visits already!)
Oh.. the ideas we have so far? She likes rainbows and would like to go with the theme of God's Promise. I am not feeling this...... I did a devo a couple of years ago by Elizbeth George titled Beautiful in His Eyes (based on Prov 31) and considered decorating with things the world considers beautiful... earrings, shoes, pics of fashion/ hairstyles... etc and talking about the world vs what God finds beautiful. Just to let you know where we are running so far.
1 comment:
A super big thanks to Bobbi, who emailed me an idea that went along with mine. I truly appreciate it and Jeanette was happy with all of the extras attached to it (ideas like skits, music, favors, decor, etc.). Thanks, Bobbi!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment