Tuesday, March 31, 2009

a smaller project

Sorry for the second post in one day. : )

Alright, so mine's not quite as big an undertaking as hubby's... but still. : ) We bought this clock at Meijer... liked the look of it, but it was just too small on the wall. We've liked the ones with the iron scrolling and stuff too, but WAY too expensive for our taste. So, I took on a project and painted this around it, gives it a lot more "oomf". (Not sure that's a word exactly, but I think you know what I am getting at.) : ) I am pleased with how it turned out mostly b/c I have the textured walls that CP Morgan finds to their liking.... if you have these and enjoy them, more power to you... I do not however. They have stifled my creativity on many levels, now however, I am not so afraid. : )

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I like that!! It looks really nice!
Great job! I would have never thought to do anything like that...guess it's a good thing crafty people like you share your ideas!

Infarrantly Creative said...

oh my gosh Carmel that is beautiful. Did you use a stencil or did you free hand it?

tegonm said...

Can you come do that at my house now???

Carmel said...

1. I drew it out...
2. sketched it as big as I wanted it (taped pieces of freezer paper together to get a piece of paper big enough)....
3. exacto knifed it out, but the paper wasn't going to hold up...
4. divided it into quadrants and made a posterboard cutout
5. traced it like a stencil with a pencil
6. painted it

Yeah, was way more complicated than I thought it was going to be, but I'm happy with the results. I'm very symmetrical, so I did the math, the angles, etc to get it where I wanted it. : )