Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cloth diapers

Hello everyone!! I am interested in finding out as much information as I can about cloth diapers. I am 16 weeks pregnant and I'm thinking about using cloth diapers. I wondered if anyone has used them in the past or present and if you might have any advice to give. I would accept any help and advice and I wouldn't mind seeing some either, a clean one of course lol. Anyway if you can help please let me know on Friday at MTO, I want to make sure I make an informed decision about which kind I will use. Thank you all for your time, Nicole Zieniewicz.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Carmel said...

I will bring a couple of mine on Fri (well, I will try to remember to do that anyway). : ) There is a website www.younghouselove.com and they just started using cloth, you might want to look there for some info.... they have a really cool thing that they hooked up to the toilet to get rid of the.... well, you know. Think I might need one of those too! : )

Jenn W said...

Nicole,
I've been using cloth for about 6 years (almost!), and I've tried a few things. I love cloth and would be happy to share info with you tomorrow. I sit at Melva's table...I'll have Beckie point you out to me!

Angela said...

I used cloth diapers exclusively for 2 months when my 4-yr-old was a baby. At that time I had 2 in diapers at the same time and was trying to save money, as well as the environment. I made a huge spreadsheet of the various brands out there (that was over 3 years ago), prices, and all kinds of things. You are welcome to it if you want. You can e-mail me at j-a-devoss@hotmail.com

My experience:
I'm not sure if it's where we live, or what, but our water bill skyrocketed the 2 months I used cloth diapers. I'm talking over $30 more each month. That, combined w/ the initial cost of cloth diapers, and the added time in caring for them, really discouraged me, and I quit doing it. I didn't want to do all that work and NOT be saving money. My mom did cloth diapers on us, almost exclusively, but maybe the cost of water wasn't as high "back then." On a positive, I think all the various brands of diapers are cute and make diapering funner, especially w/ the disposable liners they make now days to help catch messes a bit. We found it cost the same, or a bit less, to use the generic diapers at Target, which work really well.

This is a good website w/ reviews and such:
http://diaperpin.com/home.asp