Wednesday, November 18, 2009

giving opportunity

Hi Ladies...
As some of you know my husband is over in Afghanistan right now. He recently was able to teach english to some children and was blown away by there excitement to learn and lack of everyday things. He sent me this email:

I got to help teach an english class to a group of young kids the
other day. it was pretty amazing. these kids strive for education
and want to learn english so bad so they can work for coalition forces
out here and become interpreters. so if possible, could you work with
St E's to send some clothes and stuff out here for these kids.
clothes, shoes etc. they need just the bear essentials. Also, could
you have your mom get with the school and maybe round up some
classroom essentials like pens, pencils, paper, etc for these kids to
use to better their education? I told them I would try to accomodate
some things to help them out. They really are appreciative of the
small things in life we all take for granted everyday. One of the
kids I really connected with and he is going to bring some gifts for
you and B tomorrow when i see him. I met him the first day i was here
when we climbed up the hill. It's encouraging to see inspiration in
these young individuals and changing one life out here can mean the
whole difference.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some old clothes they were going to give away or get rid of, if they would give them to me I could pass them along to those kids. They would also love any school supplies or anything really, that would be awesome!

Thanks so much!
Jessica Limeberry

p.s. I also wanted to thank everyone that brought stuff to put in a care package for matt! It filled up 2 boxes and I am sure they are going to LOVE it all when they get it!

3 comments:

Houpelinetjes said...

Hi, what size of clothes do you need?

Lemongrass Photography said...

any size really. They will give it to the kids in the area. He works more with school age kids, but they have littler ones back at home too. They will be able to find someone to give it to. :)

PeacefulMomma said...

My stepmom said she would gather stuff up if you want to give her your address she will mail it to you. She lives in WV. Her son is in Afghanistan as well.