Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jacob and glaucoma

Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask for all of your prayers for my 8-month-old son Jacob- he was diagnosed with infantile glaucoma late last week and has already undergone surgery yesterday. Over the next 6 months or so, we expect him to undergo many more surgeries- even as many as 8! His vision is expected to be okay as we caught the problem early on, but it is still very stressful and it's a serious situation for him to be in. Also, he will be needing in-depth eye exams which require anesthesia every couple of months.

So, please keep him in your prayers!

Also, as I personally am one paranoid momma when it comes to sick kiddos being around my own babies, I wanted to give you all a heads' up that the little baby boy you see around MTO DOES NOT have pink eye and he isn't contagious. It's my little one recovering from eye surgery- and he'll most likely look like he has pink eye or something else off and on for the next months, but he IS NOT contagious. Just wanted you to know;) Thanks!

4 comments:

Emily Coughenour said...

Christine, I'm so sorry, this has to be a rough road for you. I'll keep Jacob, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You'll conquer this journey!!

None Ya said...

Praying for you!!! How horrible this must seem right now!! I know first hand that these MTO gals will rally your family and especially Jacob with so many prayers!!=-) We belong to a special group of women!! Good Luck with everything!

Shelley Fuge said...

Bless your heart...and his!!! Praying for all the details to work out.

Rachel said...

Well darlin, I am so sorry to hear about what your family is experiencing. He has THEE best mommy to get him through this. I will defend his eye's honor and tell the workers to how to answer any concerns about pink eye. Thank you for thinking ahead and helping us avert any confusion on the issue:) The Longs will be praying for you both!