Last week I invited their 5th grade daughter to come to Trunk n Treat with our family. She was very excited to join us and even talked her mom into coming. After collecting lots of candy we were walking back to our cars and Allison, the 5th grader, asked me if she could come to church with Shawn and I sometime. I was so excited I could barely contain myself.
Today after school Allison was playing with Spencer and asked me if we go to church every Sunday. I answered, "yes". She said, "good, because me, my parents and my sister are all going to come to the late service this Sunday."
I cannot express in words how wonderful and amazing God truly is. It took a year but He softened this family's hearts and also gave me the confidence to continue stepping out of my comfort zone for Him. Please pray for this family and the message on Sunday.
6 comments:
Thank Stacy for sharing that. That is truly awesome. To God Be the glory! Thanks for being faithful!
Wow...that's so encouraging to hear. Sometimes I wonder if anyone gets "good" results from "living it out" among their neighbors. There are just a lot more awful stories than great ones. Thanks so much for sharing this...it uplifts me!
Way to not give up!! God gave you a task and you kept up with it. Hope to see them every sunday!!!
What an amazing story.
That's great! I remember you telling us that they were offended and I prayed a lot for you. Things like that can really be stressful to your own family.
That's great though that God has brought them closer to Him. I'll be praying for you and them.
Awesome!! So glad you continued to pray for this family and didnt give up on them when they seemed offened by the Nativity set. I can't wait to see where God leads them.
Love it! Thank you so much for sharing! What a blessing. God is so good.
Post a Comment