Hi Ladies. It is 4:53 am and I can't sleep from lack of being able to breathe due to my sinuses being clogged! Not good considering I have a 5 month old in the next room that will probably wake me by 7. I thought since I couldn't sleep, I would check out the blog. I am new to MTO this year, you all might know me as the pregnant massage therapist from your Spa Day last year. I thought I would try to get acquainted with everyone and check out the blog but have some technical difficulties over here this morning. If any one has any tips for a new blogger let me know.
Just to tell you a little bit about me. I am a new mom at 40. Still trying to adjust to being a mom and juggling it all. I am a work at home mom, which has been my biggest challenge!! I do massage from my home and I am also a Pampered Chef consultant and a Tastefully Simple consultant. Most days I think it would just be easier to drop Haley off at a daycare and go "into" work. However, I LOVE being at home with my little girl! Any other seasoned "stay at home/working mom's" have any tips for this new mom, on how to make the most of your time with the baby and still get work done, with out feeling like your either working ALL the time, or not working enough? Still trying to find balance in my new life as a mom, it might help if I felt better. Haven't felt well most days since I was pregnant. Between hormones, sinus issues, and the aches and pains from carrying around more weight, just looking to feel better and figure this new thing out called ...my life!
I am sooo looking forward to getting to know more of you. Thanks for welcoming me into your mom's group. Look forward to chatting with you all. If I don't hear from you on here, you can always catch me on Facebook.
Amy Jones
4 comments:
There are a lot of us on facebook definately lets become friends there too. It is great to see you are giving us a go. We have a fun time.
Friend me @ amy cline gee on facebook and we will chat.
Welcome Amy. I am so glad you are coming to MTO! I hope it is encouraging and a place of support for you!
Hey there chicky! As you know, I have been working out a balance for quite some time now with my three and Mary Kay. It took most of the summer, but I have finally figured out how to stay sane and enjoy my time with God, family and career! It's called the weekly plan sheet and six most important things list. Yes, you have probably heard them before being a former Mary Kay gal yourself, but I tell you I feel SO much better when I have it filled out. I do two weeks at a time and highlight my faith time, my family time and my career time. It is a great eye opener to see in color where your time goes. It has helped me adjust my time and not feel so scattered. I have found that I have to be rigid, though about my time on the phone and online. Otherwise I am constantly being interrupted and pulled away from my family.
Having a to do list helps me from chasing my tail, so to speak. I love crossing things out!
Remember, darlin', that your little one's schedule is going to change often over the next year so just keep that plan sheet as an outline and adjust it as necessary. Ride the roller coaster of parenthood and scream with glee:)
Love,
Stacie
I soooo enjoyed the massage...Ahhhh
and welcome to your mom's time out.
It's just that, your time to enjoy and relax! Don't worry about being a new mom, you'll find your way and things will smooth out for you.
One great thing about MTO is there are many women here to pick their brains, get advice and encouragement and all that good stuff we all need. Hope you enjoy your time and we look forward to getting to know you better!
Post a Comment