Friday, December 19, 2008

Tears...of joy!!

This morning was a rather rough one for me. I was getting ready for MTO and decided I wanted to wear my Diamond Necklace that my husband had given me in honor of the birth of our first children. And it was a Christmas present. I love my necklace and enjoy wearing it for what I consider special occasions.

Much to my dismay it was not in my jewelry box where I thought I had left it. I frantically looked all over the walk-in closet and searched the box over and over again. But no necklace. Of course, who did I call...my mom. I decided after thinking it over to go ahead and go to MTO since I had really been looking forward to the fellowship. Afterall, it wasn't going anywhere.
At MTO I asked Cathy, my mentor mom, to pray for me, which she did immediately. Some of you may have seen me in tears. I'll admit, although materialistic, this loss was near and dear to my heart, since it held so much sentimental value. I appreciated the way Rachel, Amy, and Cathy affirmed my tears and kindly listened to me cry.

I decided it would be best not to call my husband at work. I mean who wants that kind of news at work, right? I did search all this afternoon through luggage, make-up bags, etc...you name it. By 4pm I was in tears talking to my mother-in-law. She wisely reminded me it's just an object and Jonathan would realize this as well.

Okay, so now you may be thinking that I am too consumed with my possessions. Happily, that is not the case. I'm actually quite low key when it comes to things. But the loss of this necklace was affecting me physically (it doesn't help that I'm 21 weeks pregnant).

5pm rolls around and my husband walks happily in the door, excited to begin his holiday vacation. My face was still puffy from crying. He of course was concerned, so I told him the whole saga. He was very loving, offering me a hug of comfort. He disappears upstairs to view the jewelry box for himself. 1 minute later he reappears in my kitchen with the lost necklace.

Of course I freaked out. I mean, I had SEARCHED and SEARCHED. Where did he find it?!?! Very calmly he said, "in the jewelry box". I was shocked. I had torn that thing apart! He said it was in the lid. Of course, the lid OPENS!!!!!! In my pregnant state (I can only blame it on this), I had forgotten the lid opened. How silly, blond, thoughtless....whatever word you want to insert here. I felt ridiculous, but extremely thankful to have found the precious keepsake.

Any spiritual or life lessons here? Honestly, at the moment, I can't think of any. I guess, don't jump to conclusions before you have at least 24 hours to concentrate and think rationally about the loss of an item. One special thing that stood out to me today, was that of the 4 women I told, 3 prayed with me immediately regarding the problem. That meant SOOOO much to me!! I know God has placed godly women that sincerely care even about the little things in my life.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone! (this post is really for Amy, Rachel, and Cathy, but I thought you all might find it interesting).

4 comments:

techcat said...

I am so so so Happy for you!!!
I just knew it had to be somewhere in your home. I saw your blog and had to go to the bottom and read up cause I couldn't wait to hear that you had found your necklace and where it was.
I have been thinking about you all day and hoping you would find it.
The fact that your hubby found it for you after you confessed in tears and sadness that you had lost it, just shows him how much you dearly valued his gift and how special it is to you.

double hugs for you
Amy

Infarrantly Creative said...

Awwww thanks for sharing...I am glad you feel supported and loved by the MTO group that is what we are about. So glad you found your keepsake, that is very special.

Cathy said...

YES!!! I'm so glad it all worked out! Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad you shared your need with us. Also glad your hubby was so understanding and also a good treasure hunter! : )

Leslie said...

You could not have picked 3 more compassionate ladies or better listeners.