Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Paper Organization-Please Help!

I have a surmounting amount of paper in my house that I'm not sure how to handle so that it stays organized. I would appreciate some tips on getting organized and staying there. Please be detailed. There's so many different types of things I have such as school papers, medical papers, art work, church bulletins, coupons, etc. In an effort to help lessen the amount of junk I receive I have removed myself from receiving catalogs and credit card offers, but there's still alot of stuff and I can't go through it daily. Please help.

2 comments:

Amanda Alvis said...

Two ideas on the school papers/art work. In one magazine they had wonderful ideas... each child gets it's own large circular tube (kinda like a tube of wrapping paper). Anyhow... just keep their school artwork/papers scrolled up in their tubes. Store cute decorated tubes in a groovy bucket of sorts. Also... I loved one idea of creating a divider or wall out of art work. Using clear holders you can connect with hooks and hang... store different art work inside clear sleeves. You can switch them around etc. One of my friends used this idea and made a shower curtain out of artwork.

Carmel said...

KIDS ART
I have been arranging "collections" of art on the floor and taking a picture of them (I have to stand on a chair). That way I only save my absolute faves/ the firsts and then pitch the rest.

I've also heard of framing your favorites and actually making a collage on the wall of art.