Monday, January 5, 2009

Help me please! Need lunch ideas

Hello all! Hope you enjoyed Christmas and New Years!

I am making my first grocery list of the new year and I am totally stuck for lunch ideas (actually any ideas would be welcome, but especially lunch). Seriously... please help me if you have any ideas for something new to try or something that you and your kids enjoy.

Thanks a ton!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

My kids love Wacky Mac with butter and parm cheese. It is spiral and colorful. We also use cookie cutters to make sandwiches into fun shapes. Breakfast also makes a great lunch with eggs,pancakes, sausage. Wrap the links in pancake and dip in syrup. Just saw a recipe for grilled PBJ. Bagel pizzas are fun to make. Good luck!

Carmel said...

Thanks Leslie... I appreciate the ideas... sometimes I can't even remember what I've done in the past that was good.

Shelley Fuge said...

You may not be Vegan, but this blog has some great ideas for lunches. Check it out for healthy ideas!

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

Grilled cheese sandwiches... you've probably done that before.

Amanda Alvis said...

Eli loves humus w/ warmed up pita bread. You could also make pita pizzas. I also buy the ABC box of pasta and incorporate into tomato soup. Other ideas...hard boiled eggs, apple burritos (diced apples, cream cheese, cinnamon wrapped in tortilla), smoothies w/ some sort of sandwich, pigs in a blanket... My kids also love those little cheese raviolis. I buy the large frozen bad and just boil a handful for lunch. Good luck. Sometimes when I'm in a menu slump I hit the library and look for kids cookbooks.

Lisa Roberds said...

Chicken Quesadilas are great and the kids can help make them. You can either used pre-cooked chicken breast or pan fry some maybe in the evening when your cooking a meal that uses chicken breast. Chop it with a food processor or handy chopper (like pampered chef). Lay medium sized torilla on a plate and sprinkle with shredded cheese like mexican blend or mont. jack, sprinkle with chopped chicken add any extras you like such as tomatoes, green chilis, onions, and then top with more cheese. Slip it into a heated skillet and add tortilla on top. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until golden on bottom side (use pancake turner to check). Carefully flip and cook additional 5 minutes or so on other side. Pretty much like a grilled cheese. Let cool for a few minutes and slice into four or more pieces like a pie. Serve with sour cream. The kids love them and they can help with the assembly before it goes into the skillet.

A few other ideas are sloppy joes or hamburger helper.