I can't take credit for this, this is the idea of one of my friends from college. She made this prayer jar (actually she bought the jar from Pier 1). She wrote people's names and things for them to pray for on the popsicle sticks and each night at dinner they each take one and pray. Then they put the sticks in a baggie so that they are sure to make it through the whole jar. I think it's a great idea to help the children learn to pray for other things besides immediate family, their home, etc.
She says she's even had her son (who's 6) add sticks to the jar himself b/c she's heard the clang of the lid being replaced. How sweet is that... that it's encouraged him to think of things to add all on his own!
Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool idea and thought I'd share it! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment