Sunday, September 20, 2009

sad news today

Found out from one of my dear friends this morning that the Little Nashville Opery in Nashville, Indiana burned down last night. Ironically I was in Nashville earlier that evenning for a wedding reception. The opery was a huge part of my 20's. My mom and I had season tickets along with some of our friends for many years. We not only saw but got to meet great artist like the Oak Ridge Boys, Sawyer Brown, Pam Tillis, The Bellamy Brothers, Toby Keith, and so many more. Larry and I had several dates there - walking around nashville's little shops, a nice dinner then off to the opery. The opery was a very big part of Nashville's economy, and I am sure the hotels, restaurants and shops will feel the loss too. Will probably venture down to Nashville this week and walk around maybe even take a stroll down memory lane...........

No comments: