Well, Shelley has inspired me with her "What's on your table tonight?" posts recently. : ) My in-laws were here not too long ago and came bearing gifts from their wonderful garden. One of the gifts was a ginormous zucchini! They are so nice that the garden is usually divided (after they can what they want) amongst the kids. : )
Anyway... I made 6 loaves of zucchini bread in the past couple of days and am going to try a new recipe she gave me (my MIL is an awesome cook!) for zucchini fritters.
Zucchini Bread (Mom K's recipe)
3 eggs, beaten fluffy
2 c sugar
1 c oil
2 c grated zucchini
3 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
Mix all and bake 1 ht at 325. Makes 2 9x5 loaves. Freezes well!
If you are like our family you will make a recipe of buttercream icing to go on top.... (recipe on the Dominos confectioners sugar box) One recipe covers two loaves. You can freeze with the icing on. I just put them in the freezer (usually on a baking sheet) until the icing hardens, then cover in foil and plastic wrap and freeze away. Then you can take one out the night before MTO and bring it with you. : ) (I've done that a couple of times now... hey, wait a minute, DON'T do that... that's MY thing!)
Also... guess I've been feeling rather matronly lately.... baked a new recipe for Banana Oatmeal Bread. It turned out great! Recipe from www.allrecipes.com (And yes, MomE, I tried to link it again and it still shows in the posting box, but not when you go to view the post.) : ( So I copied and pasted for you all this time. **Note... it says 2 bananas, but I actually measured 1 1/3 cup to see and I needed 4. Go figure.
INGREDIENTS
1 cup packed brown sugar
7 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
1 cup regular oats
1/2 cup fat-free milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
cooking spray
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well at medium speed of a mixer. Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk. Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Looking forward to seeing you all again on Friday!
2 comments:
Sounds delicious!! Bummer you are not brining breakfast tomorrow to MTO...or maybe you should :)
Yah. That zucchini bread better be shared tomorrow. :-) ha ha! I love that stuff.
Post a Comment