Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting


Evidently, the frosted brownies I brought a while back were a hit. Shelley even asked for them when I brought her dinner after Katelyn was born...and now she wants the recipe. So, I thought I'd just share it with everyone.

I'd like to say ahead of time...it's sort of a guesstimation of the exact measurements...cuz mine sort of grows...accidentally on purpose so I have some to eat afterwards...hahaha! The brownies are super duper easy...they come out of a box...hardy har har! Wait until they're cooled before you put the frosting on...or it'll soak in! I decorated the top with whole pecans...to make ya'll take a WHOLE brownie (I know, I know...God forbid)...instead of hacking the pan up into ridiculous teeny pieces! Hope this brings ya'll happiness as you pretend it's fat free! Smiles!!!

CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1/4 c. butter (warm not melted)
1/4 c. plus about 2 tbsp. cocoa (I use Hershey's)
1/4 c. plus about 3 tbsp. warm milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (16 oz.) pkg. powdered sugar, sifted

Cream butter; add cocoa, mixing well. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, adding warm milk as necessary until spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla. Spread right away.

3 comments:

Carmel said...

by "butter (warm..)" do you mean like you do for cookies and let it soften on the counter?

Carmel said...

I will have to try it this way sometime... I usually just make buttercream (1 stick softened butter, 1 box pdr sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and milk to creaminess) and then put in a bunch (and I mean like 6-8 rounded Tbsp of Hershey's cocoa pdr) in.

Bobbi said...

Yes, like for cookies! Your's probably come out similar I would think...
Been praying for ya...know you're about to burst...hehehe...very excited for you and yours...