I searched for a recipe using bananas and oatmeal on kraftfoods.com and this one had been submitted by a member. It is really yummy. I suggest making a double batch (takes more prep than plain ole' Bisquick waffles)... they went rather quickly at our house. They freeze great! A double recipe made 15 waffles with my iron.
Banana Oatmeal Waffles
1 C flour
1 C quick cooking oats
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C buttermilk***
2 eggs
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 ripe mashed bananas***
*** I learned there's a substitution for buttermilk... 1 T white vinegar or lemon juice in cup and then enough milk to equal 1 cup liquid. Let stand 5 minutes.
*** I let Eddie help with this this morning... we put the bananas in a zip lock bag and he went to town mashing. : )
Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
In separate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, & butter until well blended. Add the sliced bananas and mash them in well (I personally think it's easier to mash the bananas before adding them to the bowl). It may be a little lumpy. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture until a smooth batter forms.
Grease waffle iron & pour batter into iron. Cook accordig to waffle iron directions, until golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
Can be served with powdered sugar or syrup. (We liked them with regular Mrs. Butterworth's... though my father-in-law sliced strawberries and had strawberry syrup on his.)
She has a note on her recipe to serve as a treat with sliced bananas, whipped cream, & caramel sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment