I love all things sweet and I love kitchen gadgets. Tim bought me a sno-cone machine a couple of years ago I think at Target for around $20 for a birthday gift. I loved it but I was too cheap to buy their syrups. They are between $3.75-$5 a piece! I found this recipe on Skip to my Lou and it was awesome. We made grape ones today and kept the extra syrup in a squirt water bottle.
Snow Cone Syrup Recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 .22 ounce unsweetened powder drink mix
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Allow to cool. We used a funnel to put syrup into a recycled bottle.

3 comments:
Yummy!! Can't wait to try one next time we are over. :)
Will have to try it out. I keep a BIG bottle of cherry syrup (which I steal from the concession trailer) in my kitchen all year round. I love home made cherry coke, and when the kids get sprite Zero, I add a little bit of syrup, and a cherry and they think they have a cool drink. I have also made Ice cream breezes with crushed Ice, syrup, and ice cream blended together for a cool treat. Dairy Queen use to have these.
Thanks for the recipe! Will pass this on to my SIL!
Post a Comment