Monday, June 28, 2010

Let Me Sing- a song by Andrew Peterson

If I knew how to add a link or whatever I would... b/c you won't get the full effect w/o hearing the song... but the words are still powerful. Just thought I'd share.



I want to open up my eyes/ And see a more beautiful world/
Let the hand of God Almighty/ Sweep His colors through my life/
I want to hold tight to the laughter/ And ride it like a child/
On the winds that billow joyful/ Through the sky

I want to open up my heart/ But you know sometimes it's hard to find/
Because I've buried it beneath the selfishness/
That I've hidden behind/ I want to stand my ground unshaken/
But I want to tremble when I kneel/ And let my song remain unbroken/ Through the tears

Chorus: So let me sing for the love/ Let me love for the lost/ Let me lose all I have/ For what I found on the cross/ Let me trust You with my life/ Let me live to give You praise/ Lord, let me praise You/ For the grace by which I'm saved/ Lord, let me sing

I want to open up Your word/ And let the thristy enter in/
So they can drink deep of the water/ That You've given to them/
I want to run the race with vigor/ I want to fight the fight with strenth/
And let my song rise from a whisper to a scream

I want to open up my arms/ And embrace that old rugged cross/
I want to take pride in the reason/ And be humbled by the cause/
And when this lisping, stammering tongue/ Lies silent in the grave/
Then in a nobler, sweeter song/ I'll sing Your praise/ I'll sing Your praise

Chorus

No comments: