Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love Dare

Raise your hand if you are joining in Emmanuel's Love Dare?  How are you doing so far?  Day one was Love is patient.  How patient were you with your spouse?  Was it hard to refrain from negative or sarcastic remarks?  Did you bite your tongue? 

Day 2 was Love is kind.  What kind thing did you do for your spouse?

I have an amazing marriage.  I love my man.  We work hard to communicate, meet each other's needs, etc.  We strive to put God first in our lives.  We have the occasional hiccup but I can honestly say I would not want to be married to anyone else. 

I love this Dare because it ramps up even the best of marriages and brings hope to those who are struggling.  I want to encourage you that this Dare isn't about YOU.  It is about your husband.  When you feel like he isn't giving 100% and you are giving 110%, keep going.  You are honoring God and HE IS FAITHFUL!  God will honor your time spent to proactively love your spouse.

So day 2 I gave my husband back rub.  It was unexpected and he loved it.  It was definitely putting his needs above mine.  I was so tired.  But I prayed "Lord give me the strength and desire to serve my husband and not be selfish."

Today is Day 3...buy my spouse something.  Well I must admit I totally cheated.  Last night at Mom's Night Out the other gals bought cheesecake for their husbands because they knew what the dare today was.  So I hopped on that bandwagon and purchased a piece of Godiva Cheesecake for Tim.  What did you buy your spouse?

I would love for you to share how you are doing on The Dare.  Let's encourage one another to be the best wives we can.

I am hoping to share little bits about the Dare with you every week.  I would love for others to post how things are going. 

No comments: